We are looking for two Network Engineers to work with a large statutory government department. These roles will involve a blend of BAU and project work. They are initial six-month contracts with the chance of extension or a possible permanent position within the company. They are located on the CBD fringe however they offer flexibility to work a hybrid of in the office and from home.
The Network Engineer has expertise relating to the organisation’s networking solutions, providing due diligence and knowledge across the network technology domain at approximately 45 sites. The domain includes: VPN, LAN, WAN, data centre core networks, firewalls and load balancers. Your duties will involve:
- Providing technical knowledge and to support future planning and leadership in the delivery and implementation of design and governance activities relevant to the network platform.
- Contact point within the Platform Services team for the delivery and operations teams, external service providers and vendors within the domain.
- Responsible for evaluation and documentation of existing computer networks and future re-design components,
- Work closely with customers, project teams and other Digital and Information teams to ensure the network is highly resilient, cost effective and stable
- Provide 24×7 support for critical network services (on a rotating roster)
Ideally you will have the following experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification, or similar.
- Practical network management in geographically dispersed organisations.
- Network management in 3 or more of the following: communications links, routing, switching, firewalls, mobile and Wifi technologies, and network security.
- Network operations monitoring, including managing endpoint configuration and responding to system monitoring events.
- Experience resolving network and security incidents in a team.
- Continuously improve processes & technologies
- Supporting workload across multiple ongoing projects and BAU tasks.
- Supporting customers and project teams through change management initiatives
- Developed verbal, written, interpersonal, and negotiation skills to effectively communicate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Work within a team of technical experts to plan, implement a maintain new platform architecture, aligning with emerging industry best practices.
If you are interested in these opportunities, please apply online now or contact Rachel Viney on 0497 068 212 for a discussion on the roles.