This organisation is undergoing some major system enhancements to address a number of core business platform related challenges. They require a Finance Stream Lead to be the key interface between their CFO and the Technology team driving these changes.
The business needs to have better information on their assets and the financial impact as assets are sought, or replaced in the business. This solution will:
- Enables an Asset Management oriented way of delivering core services, supported by a contiguous and fully valued view of each equipment asset over the life of the equipment asset.
- Meet the strategic needs of the business in terms of delivering expected scalability needs and new/better commercial and financial management capability (e.g. Securitisation).
- Delivers a single end-to-end experience for systems users that obviates the need to move between systems, duplicate tasks, replicate data and execute unnecessary process handoffs.
What the Finance Stream Lead will be doing:
Based in Brisbane, the role of Finance Stream Lead is to provide key support to the CFO and the Finance teams in the delivery of their requirements. The Finance Stream Lead will represent Finance within the program team. They will be the primary liaison between Finance and the Program ensuring that their business requirements are understood and translated into the design of future state business and system processes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Driving the delivery of fit for purpose solutions meeting Finance business requirements
- Ensuring the integration of the Core system and the General Ledger include the appropriate journal entries
- Ensure that all newly developed Finance Reporting (Treasury, Transactional Accounting and Financial Accounting) meet agreed business requirements
- Leading discussions between the business, the project team and the vendor on issues as they arise
- Ensure operational risks and internal controls are considered in the design of solutions
- Providing inputs into solution design documents and system configuration specifications
- Supervision of the Systems Accountant and Finance Business Analyst
- Review of Finance related testing outcomes
- Responsible for the monthly Program budget updates
- Providing input into project led change impact assessments while supporting the business through process changes.
Key Deliverables from the role will include:
- Core System General Ledger extracts correctly reflect the required General Ledger entries
- Core System extracts are configured in the required format to be loaded into the General Ledger
- Newly developed Finance Reporting is delivered to meet scoped requirements
- Business process improvements are identified ensuring sound internal and financial controls are represented in the future state
- Solutions are tested extensively to ensure requirements are met
- Inputs into business change impact assessments and project plans
Key Person Requirements
Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to understand complex business issues and technical constraints
- Ability to interact with external suppliers to ensure requirements are understood
- 10+ years’ experience (post qualification) working as a Finance Professional
- CA or CPA qualified (essential)
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Project delivery
- Demonstrated experience in core Finance function processes
- Demonstrated experience in Finance transformation initiatives / process improvement
- Solid understanding of operational risk and internal controls
- External audit experience an advantage
- Experience with asset finance or leasing highly regarded
Money, circa $1200 a day, there will be a combination of work from home and in the office.. Give me a call to discuss – Warren Peters – Managing Director on 0413 742 439.